BLACK BUTTE RANGE
Welcome To Billings Premier Shooting Range
Open to members and non-members!
We welcome you to come practice your skill, learn about gun safety and technique, and test the most unique guns in the area. Our 10, 25-yard lanes are open to experts and beginners alike and are rated from .22 to 50 cal rifle.
RANGE FEES & RENTALSWE HAVE A LARGE SELECTION OF GUNS TO CHOOSE
$25 For one hour for one person
$5 for every 15 minutes after that for one person.
$10 for each guest on the same lane.
(max 3 people per lane)
$9 hand gun rental + price of ammo.
$15 rifle rental + price of ammo.
$25 suppressor rental.
- The use of alcohol or drugs is prohibited on the Range. Persons believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs Will Be Refused Access to The Range.
- By signing below person states they are not prohibited by law to be in possession of a firearm.
- Personal Firearms must be Unloaded and, in a Case (or concealed with current carry permit) until you are in your booth in the range. DO NOT HANDLE ANY PERSONAL FIREARMS IN THE SHOWROOM, OR OUTSIDE OF YOUR SHOOTING STALL.
- Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian on and off the range and at all times while on the range.
- Eye and ear protection must be worn at all times while on the range.
- No steel core or lead cast ammunition allowed.
- No more than two shooters allowed per lane, with only one shooting at a time.
- Shotguns may be fired with Slugs and 00 or 000 Buckshot Only. No Birdshot Allowed.
- Close one door before opening the next while entering the range.
- Keep weapons pointed down range at all times.
- Keep any loaded or jammed firearms in the range, pointing down range and notify range officer.
- In the case of a cease fire command, lay gun down unloaded action open and step back from the line.
- No food, drink, or smoking allowed in the range.
- Never move forward of the firing line if something falls forward of the firing line notify the range officer for retrieval.
- Firearms and ammunition are subject to inspection by range officer.
- All rental guns leaving the range area are to be unloaded with actions open.
- House ammunition only will be allowed in rental guns.
- Only marked brass will be allowed to leave the range, any brass forward of the line or in another person’s booth will not be retrievable.
- No cross shooting allowed.
- Any person violating range rules or behaving carelessly will be barred from the range with no refund.
- Remember and follow Basic Rules.
- Treat all guns as if they were loaded.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
- Never point a gun at anything you do not want to shoot.
- Know your target and what’s beyond.
Click to learn more about indoor shooting range etiquette.